Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ponderous, man, really ponderous

I often wonder what happened to some of my greatest friends that I lost contact with due to changes in lifestyles of either them or myself.  I sometimes dream of these people and they have not aged at all and I have conversations with them, but nothing of any consequence or meaning.  Just a passing image in a dream with nothing learned or gained except my wandering thoughts regarding their well being.  I hear tales of what has happened to some, not always the best outcome, usually drug addiction or lack of initiative to do something productive with their lives.

Who am I to judge what is productive for anyone though?  As I go to work daily thinking I serve a purpose, which is to earn a dollar and support my way of life ultimately.  Sure my boss makes life "easier" on his clients by dealing with some of their headaches, but in the end does it really matter?  I don't think so.  Humans are funny animals, we get so wrapped up in our "belongings" and materials goods, knowing we can't take it with us, but wanting all we can get anyway.  Silly silly humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment